I’m thrilled to have assisted so many people excel in business and give birth to their books last year! If you’ve always wanted to start a business, write a book or have another idea, here are a few tips that will help get you on your way:
1. Do something you love. Remember, when you launch your business, this is something you’ll have to live with and pour into day in and day out. If you don’t love it, or are only venturing into it because it’s the “new trend” then it could potentially become as burdensome as the day job you’re trying to ditch.
2. Research, research, research. It is KEY that you understand the marketing you’re entering. Sure you may have wanted to launch your business or write your book since 1997, however, it’s 2014 now and so much has changed in the last 17 years. Researching will help bring you up to speed so that you can be effective in whatever business or idea you choose going forward.
3. Map out a plan. Mapping out a plan is always the smart thing to do rather than winging it when it comes to business. Your well mapped out plan will allow you start small and scale up rather than trying to launch it big and then having to struggle to sustain your vision.
4. Get your support system. A support system is so necessary and help prevent burnout. Whether it’s a mentor, coach, or business-minded friends who are willing to be a sounding board, get them in place so that you won’t feel so alone on your entrepreneurial journey.
5. An Accountability partner is a must. My accountability partners keep me on track and make it easy to stick to my deadlines. They check in with me, offer feedback and truly believe in what I do as much as I do. I surely couldn’t do all that I do without them, that’s for sure.
So, are you ready to BIRTH something? I truly hope so! And don’t forget to sign up to my list via the link below to get more informative business articles just like this.